• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Oil Disaster in the Gulf of Mexico and Southeastern U.S.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you following the events caused by the Oil Disaster?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

charlieversion2

I've been following this catastrophe since the start. I was just wondering about how many of you were doing the same. I thought I'd start a thread the evening they claim it has stopped leaking. Proof is in the pudding I guess; the day they stop saying they are seeing/ monitoring new slicks forming is when I'll thankfully believe. I would say that will be months if not a few years to 10 years.

Next will be the massive regional recovery that will last decades. At a modest estimate, about 11 Exxon-Valdez sized oil spills (give or take a supertanker) is now in the gulf. The ecosystem is, from some accounts, completely collapsing, with ripples through the seafood industry to tourism. Oiled beaches covered in tar-blobs to the massive ocean oil burn-offs. Also the nearly the unrestricted use of far more poisonous chemicals, both a mile under the surface of the ocean to 500ft above it. Now causing both natural oil and toxic particulates to evaporate into the weather system.

I have several friends that are from the good state of Louisiana, I've been staying in contact and such. Trying to get news from as many angles as I can and I know DIMs has a large group of people who I'm sure have been watching this. So please share what information or thoughts you have, also if the people in the region could tell us what you see and hear.

Latest posts

Back