• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

This is my first draft

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell Williams

Whether or not you agree with it does it at least make enough sense so that you understand what I'm trying to say.? Once I get it in better shape I intend to send it as a letter to the editor to the local paper and to the Baltimore Sun.

There is much discussion about raising the minimum wage. Businesses argue that if the minimum wage is raised they will have to raise prices. In many instances this is quite true. The question then becomes whether the customers of businesses should provide the employees of that business with enough money to pay for most or all of their food, clothing, shelter, and medical care. Those arguing against raising the minimum wage are arguing that we should continue with the current situation in which, in many cases, the taxpayers in general provide the employer subsidies by giving the low-paid employees food stamps, various kinds of subsidized housing, free and reduced price meals for their children in the public schools, and subsidized medical care.

Very simply put, if someone is buying a product or service produced by someone making minimum wage or close to it the person purchasing the product or service pays less because the taxpayers in general are subsidizing the wages of those employees who are being paid minimum wage or close to it.

Is my personal belief that the customers purchasing a product or service should be paying most or all of the costs of production of that service or product. I believe that I should not be subsidizing the business by helping to provide the employees of the business with food, clothing, shelter, and medical care. Yes it is true that the subsidies I the other taxpayers provide allow the customers of the business to enjoy the lower prices that result from the employer not paying the employees enough money to pay for most or all of their living costs. However why should I provide a subsidy so that, for example, customers of restaurants can enjoy lower cost meals and also enable the business to increase its business volume and profits.

Latest posts

Back