• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

To lose or not to lose, that is the question.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doafm

Hey everybody,

So as you may have guessed by that little number the the left of this post I'm new here. Little apprehensive about making a new thread, but in reading around quite a bit realize this is the best place to bring up this topic.

First some background. As of today I am 6'2" tall and run about 450lbs. I'd also like to make sure to mention I'm happy with myself just as I am. This was also the case 2 years ago when my stats were the same. The topic I'm looking for feedback on comes from the time in the middle.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Yes it was because of my weight. Pills twice and 4 shots of insulin a day invaded my life. I had a hard decision to make. Live like that or lose the weight. I decided to make a change. In 8 months time I lost 150lbs, by eating balanced and exercise. As the lbs came off I realized there were a lot of things I could do that I could not before. I started hiking mountains, riding horses, white water rafting. And then it happened. In timing that could never happen again I was at the summit of one of the Adirondack High Peaks when I got the call from the doctor. I had cured myself of diabetes. I was off all meds.

Things were great, or so I thought. Something was missing. I missed eating. I love food, and everything about it. I love cooking and trying new things. Once again I found I had a decision to make. In the last 8 months I've gained 150lbs. I still love myself, and do not have signs of the diabetes returning. But there is a problem.

I miss doing crazy active things. We big folk are limited, and there are so many things I want to experience in this world that as a BHM I just can't do.

If you've read this far I thank you, and as I said here is the topic I'd like to talk about. Have you ever questioned your lifestyle, wanted to make a change? Not because your not happy, but because something else drives you? For me, I want to jump out of a plane. Hell, I want to learn to fly one. This is just a couple items on a list of many. At 450lbs I'm not able to do it. So do I lose the weight again, or let these desires go? Has anyone else every been in the place I am right now? FFA's, how would you respond to your man if he had these types of desires?

Thanks all,
Matt

Latest posts

Back