• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Trying to help my girl friend

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saoirse

My friend is one of the most amazing, passionate, intelligent, thoughtful and caring people I know. We met in 6th grade, became close in high school and just last year we started hanging out a lot more, when she came home after college.

She is truly beautiful, inside and out. She's always around to listen to me and offer advice. We have fun no matter what we are doing. She's an exceptionally talented artist. She's just got that creative gene, where she can take a blank canvas and completely transform it into something wonderful. Art is her passion and her life's calling.

The only problem is her parents (mostly her mom).

My friend comes from a very athletic, outdoorsy family. All the children (she has an older sister and younger brother) played sports throughout school, and the whole family is into running, hiking, kayaking etc. Very much into fitness and health.

Well she gained a noticeable amount of weight during college (shes in the mid-200s now), and her mother wont let her hear the end of it. :( I feel so bad.

Her mother tells her that the reason she's having trouble finding a job is because she's fat, and companies won't hire people who obviously :)rolleyes:) can't take care of themselves. She even suggested WLS! That REALLY blew my mind, because its like her parents aren't even aware of the seriousness of WLS. Her mom tells her that she looks trashy when she wears certain clothes (I think she looks amazing all the time!)

Her mother also said that her art should just be a hobby, and she'll never make something of herself with her artwork.

My poor friend has enough self-esteem issues brought on by herself... she certainly doesn't need her mother saying these things as well. They get into big fights and then she comes to me and tells me everything. I get so angry! Why can't her mother just realize what an amazing daughter she has, and how BEAUTIFUL she is! I cant stand the fact that her mom is so turned on by outward appearances.

I dont know how to help her, other than listening to her when she needs me. It really makes me feel helpless.

I just needed to get that all out before I asploded. :blush:

Latest posts

Back