• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

What Not To Wear and other life altering experiences

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kr7

This is probably going to sound strange, but I have to reluctantly agree, that the TLC show What Not To Wear, has really changed my life in a positive way. In all honesty, I feel rather surprised that something as "shallow" as a fashion update would have such a positive impact, but......there is no denying the facts.

When I first watched the show, I thought that the hosts were purely evil, and possibly unintelligent, because they seemed to equate everything in life to outward appearances. In fact I was quite angry. Some time went by, and I had a chance to consider what they were saying, and I thought: hey, the advice they are offering is pretty valid. They seem to be interested in making people look their personal best, and making them feel their personal best about themselves. That's not a bad thing. Plus the show fired the original male host.....this seemed to help....a lot. :D

To make the story short, at the time I was not in a good place in life, when it came to confidence and all the things that come along with it. For one, I do believe I was well on my way to becoming a recluse. But, as I watched the show, little by little, I would find the courage to try new outfits. I know this sounds silly. It did even to me. But....the new outfits did give me more confidence, which lead to me going out of the house more, which lead to me getting involved with the community, which led to me going back to school, which will eventually lead to a good job, which gives me at least the hope for financial security in the future. And hope is a good thing. :)

This brings me to couple of questions. Does any one else watch this show? If so, has it had any effect on you? Alternately, have you had other "life altering" experiences, from an unlikely source?

Chris

Latest posts

Back