• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Why American Cities Lack Essential Dynamism

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superodalisque

I was reading the article below about the 30 most dynamic cities in the world this morning. I was struck that nearly none of them were American cities and began analyzing for myself why i thought that was. What i personally came to was that essentially we haven't been investing in ourselves very much. we don't seem to value education as we should. i also don't see the drive to invest in progressive infrastructure very much. Asia is very large and is growing like gang busters these days. the governments seem to have the focus where it should be--on creating a future with potential for their people. what things do you think are holding us back. why is it that we've become so sluggish when it comes to doing the things that will really make our cities great?

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2010/12/30-most-dynamic-cities-in-the-world/67234/

as you can see only Austin Texas is on the list from the US. i have always known Austin is a great place to live all around but i had no idea of exactly how progressive it was economically as well.

Latest posts

Back