• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Would the West Coast be Better Off Without the Rest of the USA?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmac

Conservatives have long made jokes about how great it would be if California fell into the Pacific Ocean. However, I'm thinking that the west coast would be far better off as an independent country.

-- California, Washington, and Oregon pay far more in taxes to Washington than they receive back.

http://www.calinst.org/pubs/balance2003.htm

-- The west coast has become increasingly distant from political trends in other parts of the country (i.e. the Tea Party's influence stopped at the Rocky Mountains).

-- The west coast has also become increasingly distant socially (i.e. medical marijuana, assisted suicide, sex education, and environmental protection have much greater support west of the Rockies).

-- West coast culture is also divergent -- everything from the music and movies to beer (just try to get a good beer east of the Rockies).

I'm thinking we'd all be happier if we just draw an international border down the great divide. The west coast would also be richer.

Latest posts

Back