• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fast Break - by Atlas D (~BBW, Magic, MWG)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtlasD

~BBW, Magic, MWG - Girls learn to never underestimate the opposition

Fast Break
by AtlasD

It began when Shauna, Marita and I were walking to the neighborhood court to shoot some hoop.

As we arrived, there were three players already there, passing the ball around and shooting casual baskets. All were heavyset, probably forty or fifty pounds overweight, but they could shoot, and could execute some slick passes. We challenged them to a game of three on three. The three of us were greyhound thin, fast and quickly racked up a 20 point lead, using the fast break on every rebound. They stopped the game at that point, puffing and laughing.

“You guys are fast” said one. “How about a rematch with the rest of our team?” We hadn’t seen the rest of their squad, but if they were built like these three, then it would be a pushover. Our team was mean, lean and quick.

We accepted the challenge- five of our best, against five of theirs, and even conceded them home court- an indoor court in a high school that had been shut down six months ago, but they apparently had access to.

When we showed up a week later, we got a look at the other two members of their team, who were as heavy as the others. Neither team had much in height, but my squad would easily outrun and out jump this bunch. Their captain, Lawanda, came over and laid out the house rules. “One ref, and don’t worry, she’s square. No audience- just your best against my best. We provided uniforms for both teams.”

Well, that was a bit strange, but not as strange as what followed.

“One more thing” she said. “Every basket you make adds to the point count for your team. Every basket we hit adds to our score and every point we score adds two pounds to you and each member of your team. If you win, everything goes back to normal. If we win, the extra weight stays. We’re telling you this up front, and if you want to back out now you can.”

Well, that was definitely weird, but Meg was for playing.

“I don’t believe it” she said, “and even if it is true, we can bury this bunch of fatties.”

The others agreed. We went to the locker room and changed into the uniforms they provided- stretchy fabric and more loose fitting than usual, but otherwise nothing out of the ordinary. Then we laid out strategy.

“If it’s true what they told us about picking up weight every time they score, then the thing to do is the same thing we did when, Shauna, Marita and I played them three on three last week. Fast break, bury them early and bury them so deep they never recover. Everybody in?”

It was unanimous- we were going to blow them out in the first quarter and never look back.

We started with five quick buckets before they even scored one, and it looked like this would be a walkover. After each basket we scored, they would slowly and deliberately approach, passing the ball around, patiently looking for opportunities. Then they hit a three pointer, and 6 pounds instantly were added to me and each of my squad.

We responded with four more unanswered baskets, until they hit another three pointer with three minutes left in the first quarter. As I ran down the court, I had an eerie sensation I had never experienced before, a sogginess in my midriff. Meg’s pass to me was wide and one of their squad deflected it out of bounds. We got the ball back, but that gave them time to set up a zone defense that took some time to penetrate.

Eventually we squeezed a pass to Angela inside who banked in a nice layup. They tried another three pointer that came up short, but regained possession, bounced a nice pass into the bucket and scored with a short jumper. Four more pounds and the buzzer, score 24-8.

As my team walked to the bench to discuss strategy I was trying to sort out the new sensations in my middle. The uniforms were so loose it was impossible to tell exactly what was going on. I tucked a hand into the waistband of my shorts and instead of hard muscle felt a layer of soft pudge.

“Anybody else feel a bit weird, or is it just me?”

“It’s just like they said!”, said Meg. Everytime they score, we put on weight. They got eight points which means we all gained 16 pounds. What do we do?”

“They’re using ball control to deny us scoring opportunities. We need to be more aggressive and try some steals, and build up the lead.”

We opened the second quarter with two quick buckets. Both times they came back slowly, deliberately. We tried in your face defense, but their passing game was too good and they always managed to pass off to someone who had worked their way open.

Again they looked for opportunities for the best shot and took it. Both times they missed. We executed another fast break and another basket. They came back, slowly, and bounce passed to the forward, who made a sweet baseline jumper, nothing but net.

Then the surprise- a full court press! A flustered Angela turned over the ball, and with two on one they had no difficulty hitting a layup. We scored three more, but now the opposition countered with two of their own.

Three minutes left in the second quarter, we were leading comfortably 38 to 17. But the thirty four pounds added to each of my squad was beginning to take a toll. We were slowing down. Meg motioned for a time out.

“I have to loosen this bra strap” she said, “its cutting me so tight I can scarcely breathe”. The other members of my team took the opportunity to loosen up, except for Angela who was one of those women who packed it around hips, bottom and thighs.

Then with a minute left, Kim fouled the opposition in the act of shooting, the ball still made it in the basket, and then the opponent sank the foul shot. Six more pounds added to me and my teammates. I hustled down the court, tried to bank one off the glass and missed. Their forward gathered the ball and before we knew it passed to their guard who slipped past Marita for an easy layup and four more pounds.

We took the ball and tried to out hustle our opponents to the basket. We couldn’t do it, and wound up facing a stubborn zone defense. Shauna shot, and missed. Their forward grabbed the rebound, and shoveled it to their center who had outhustled us down the court for an easy layup.

A fast break had just been executed against us.

We had to slow down the tempo, run down the clock, and take any opportunity that was presented. It worked to a degree. We scored one basket, the opposition also scored one. Half time, 41 to 24 and with 48 pounds added to me and each of my players.

As I walked to the locker room I became aware of midriff, breasts and bottom wobbling in ways I had never experienced before. We again loosened bra straps and discussed strategy. We had to use better ball control ourselves and find opportunities to capitalize on any turnovers they made. Our running game was over; we no longer had any advantage in speed.

Third quarter. We started more or less equalized in terms of each player’s weight. But every basket we scored had no effect, while every basket they scored made us heavier, slowed us down that much more. We swapped baskets. Bra straps had to be loosened again.

Parts of me were jiggling that I never knew existed. The opposition was scoring faster and more frequently. The score began to narrow. The officiating was meticulously honest just as they had promised, but we began deliberately committing fouls, desperate to keep the opposition from scoring and adding additional pounds to our frames. They sank nearly every foul shot, and we still got heavier.

When we had started the game we had dissed the opposing team as fat. Now they were merely pudgy- it was me and my team who were fat. And getting fatter.

Early in the fourth quarter bra straps began letting go, no longer able to restrain their overflowing contents. Running was like cradling two water balloons against your chest with your forearms while jogging. I cursed every occasion I had expressed envy over another girl’s D cup.

The opposition ran up five unanswered baskets. By that time our stretching jerseys became sufficiently tight to keep things compressed, otherwise any attempt at running and keeping in balance would have been almost impossible. Angela’s hips and bottom had become so wide we actually used it to our advantage- when she could waddle herself into position to make a block or set up a pick. Bottom and thighs quaked tsunamis as she tried to run.

We had to shift tactics. Trying to force turnovers wasn’t working. We had to go for passing and the outside shot. Some three pointers and some luck brought us back into the lead, but not before the opposition scored three more buckets and added 12 more pounds to our frames.

Thirty seconds left and we were up by three points- 51 to 48. All we had to do was hold on to the ball and run out the clock. Marita was double teamed. Her pass to me was partially deflected. Angela dove for the ball only to fall heavily to the floor in a wobbling heap. It was going to take some time for her to get back up.

The ball was inches away from my hands but my inertia was taking me the wrong way. Trying to change directions with my massive body was like trying to steer a supertanker. The ball was intercepted an opponent who leisurely dribbled her way to the basket for what would be an easy layup. We pursued as best we could only to have her stop with eight seconds left and bounce pass the ball to their guard outside the three point line.

Five seconds. The guard passed to their forward who easily outhustled our flobbling defense. At three seconds the forward paused at the three point line and shot. The ball whispered through the net. As six more pounds were added to my already fattened frame, my heart sank to the parquet.

51-51. Tie game. One hundred two extra pounds. And overtime.

It was a nightmare. My team had given up, not even attempting to pursue the opposition, just letting them sink the basket, then taking possession and trying to hold the ball and run the clock out. We were slow and clumsy, easy marks for steals and the opposition ran up six unopposed baskets before we scored one hook shot. The clock ran even slower than our heaving bodies could move. Somehow we scored one more basket. The opposition scored an additional five.

Finally the buzzer.

Defeated, 73-55, and each of us one hundred forty six pounds heavier than we started.

No remarks were exchanged, no handshakes, no “good game”s. Heads hanging, we waddled slowly off the court toward the locker room. My hard 5’9” athletic frame had vanished beneath a sea of wobbling fat. Water balloon breasts compressed in my stretched jersey against a belly that flowed over the waistband of my shorts and flobbled out from under my shirt down to my thighs. My jersey was so tight I could barely breathe. My shorts felt like they would cut me in half.

I waddled my way to the locker room, hampered now not only by the extra pounds, but by shorts so skin tight they restricted my motion. I moved gingerly, belly roll flowing and wobbling over the waistband, knowing any exertion might pop a seam.

When I got to the locker room, I saw the scale. I didn’t want to, but I had to do it. They said two pounds for every point they scored, but it felt like more. How heavy was I now? Three hundred? I stood on the pedestal, adjusted the sliders on the bars. Two hundred eighty two pounds. I stepped down slowly, waddled to a bench and sat down heavily. Seams on both hips give way.

I tugged futilely at my jersey and finally asked Shauna and Kim to help me get it off. They got on each side of me and rolled up the edges of my jersey as I held up flabby arms, then peeled it inside out from its tightly packed contents. Fat flowed in all directions. Liberated breasts undulated on top of a wobbly roll that billowed out over my thighs, almost to my knees.

I heaved myself back to my feet, setting everything jiggling. It was all Meg and I could do to pull the waistband down over my hips and buttocks. Marita had to take medical scissors and cut Angela’s shorts to get them off her blossoming bottom.

My team looked at me as if to say -What did you get us into?

Meg spoke first, “It was rigged- fixed. There was no way we could win.”

“We beat ourselves,” I said.

“You said what??” said Angela.

“You know what beat us today? Patience, control and discipline. Did you see how they used the clock, how they waited for a clear lane to pass, how they waited for the best opportunity to get into the bucket or take a shot? That’s what beat us. We had speed and arrogance, and we didn’t respect our opponent. That’s what beat us.”

“Yeah, well what we gonna do now?” asked Shauna. “Do you see how big we are? What are we going to wear for clothes? Tents? Blankets? Tarps?”

Lawanda, the other team’s captain came into the locker room.

“Good game ladies” she said. “It was a lot closer than it usually is in the fourth quarter, and you had us a little worried.”

Meg looked as if she were going to scream. I held up my hand “Let me talk”

I turned toward the captain. “You guys showed us how to play basketball today- real basketball- ball handling, patience, taking the right opportunities, control, discipline- all of it. I think speak for all of us when I say we all have learned a respect for your team that we didn’t have when we started the game. And it’s a respect for your team we should have had before we started. Right ladies?”

I stared hard at each one individually. Kim, Meg, Shauna, Marita- Each gave a grudging nod.

Lawanda looked at each one of us slowly, and with a slight smile said: “I think there will be some good news for you after you shower. We knew this could be the outcome. Shower up, and each of you will be provided street clothes to go home with.”

Meg again began to open her mouth. I again gave her a look of warning and waved her silent. Why make it worse than it is already?

Soon the showers fogged the locker room with steam, and as I lathered and rinsed I again felt strange sensations coursing through my body. When I toweled down I could sense I was smaller- not the hardbody I was before starting the game, but still smaller. Clothes had been laid out for me, but before I put them on, I went back to the scale in the locker room. A lush curvy one hundred eighty seven pounds, 51 pounds more than when I started the game.

While it wasn’t my old playing weight, it was still better than the 282 pounds I had waddled off the court with when the game ended. My teammates stepped out of showers, wide eyed and similarly configured. What sort of craziness was this? And what was going to happen next?

It all made sense when we stepped out of the locker room. The opposing team was there to shake hands, and we saw that my team was now sized nearly identically to our opponents. Lawanda spoke up. “You dissed us off the very minute you saw us, both when we played at the outdoor court last week and today when we were warming up. We may be big, but we can still play a mean game. You took a little more persuasion to believe that. Your little speech at the end convinced us you weren’t so bad after all and we decided you earned a little break.”

Smiles on both sides gave way to handshakes, then hugs.

We became friends, scrimmaged from time to time, and now that we were equally matched in size and speed, we had a lot of close games and lot of fun. Sometimes we would mix up players, and we all learned from each other. Meg, Shauna, Angela, Kim and I learned a lot about ball handling, passing, head fakes, patience and waiting for the right opportunity. Our game became more controlled and disciplined.

A few weeks later we were warming up with Lawanda’s team on the neighborhood courts for a friendly game. I noticed a group of guys moving from the court where the “hardbodies” were playing to watch us instead. Sometimes I wondered why so few guys would watch us play when we were thin, and I asked Lawanda about this.

She laughed and said “We just taught you basketball, do we have to teach you about men too? You and your ladies looked as huggable as utility poles when you showed up at our court. You all needed about twenty pounds before you even started to look like girls.

"Guys like curves, and a little added motion doesn’t hurt” she added, giving ample hips and bottom a little shake.

“Nice pass” I heard one of the guys shout as Shauna executed a behind the back bouncer to Lawanda’s guard for a layup.

“Sometimes they even appreciate the game we play. I’ve got my eye on that one” Lawanda said.

“Would the guys be as interested if you had left my team around 280-290 each? I asked.

“Well, there was one squad we took on that wasn’t nearly as gracious as yours was in defeat” said Lawanda. “Some things were said after the game, so we decided to leave them they way they were, and they stayed big. Really big. I think two of them went over 300. Kinda makes me wish we had run up that score a little more than we did. But they eventually accepted the situation. One had a boyfriend who found it a total turn on, and she even intentionally put on 30 more pounds. She says he can't keep his hands off her.”

I flashbacked to 282 and wondered how 312 would feel. At the time the wobbles and jiggles, the massive heft were novel and confusing. But looking back, perhaps it was even somewhat- sensual?

Lawanda continued “Last I heard, they were all in relationships, so maybe things would not have been as bad as you thought. We don’t see them on the court anymore though.”

The hardbodies had wrapped up their game and came walking by, but the guys still seemed more interested in us. I recognized the one of the captains, Deirdre. She paused, took a long careful look at me then said. “I think I remember you. Your team beat us about six months ago.”

I remembered. “Yes, we did.”

It had been a tough game, physical and nasty, with a lot of trash talk before and after.

She coolly looked over my plumped up frame, then those of my teammates, and Lawanda’s.

“Looks like your team found some new friends”, she said. “maybe someone a little more in your league now.”

I overheard one of Deirdre’s friends snicker “Would that be the heavyweight class?”

Lawanda heard it too.

“Interested in a match?” said Lawanda, “Five of your best against five of our best?”

Deirdre and her squad looked us over dismissively. Thick thighs, wide bottoms, soft bellies. No speed, no rebounding.

“Sure” she said, “you name the time and place”.

Lawanda looked at me.

“You and your crew in?” she said.

“Absolutely” I said grinning.

This was going to be fun.

Latest posts

Back