• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Anxiety/Panic Attack Consolation Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairia

Blimpgirl = superheroine
I hope this is the right place for this topic.

But today, I'm going through once again, the physical results of having, which I believe would be, a panic related one.

A little backstory is order. When I was younger, around in my teens, I began to develop various mental conditions, back then they included depression/manic depressive, OCD, and schizophrenia (which has been bumped to to schizoaffective disorder) as ones I remember from psychiatric treatment and one hospital stay. I also started taking medication for it then and still do today. I also use to worry a lot as a teenager, whether it was afraid of dying/death, the end of the world, to if my body behaving in a certain way was normal or serious. There was a time when those worries died down and was able to enjoy some things better (I still have my sensitive moments over situations don't get me wrong).

But now, these past few years was when what I thought was being a worry wart were now actually various anxiety/panic attack episodes, brought back as a young adult. There were times I would worry about the various things I mentioned, and now it comes with physical distresses. The last time these attacks were very bad was about 2 and a half years ago. After being prescribed a new medication to take at night to help curb anxiety and help me sleep, I started to become real nauseous a lot. I developed physical shaking and tightening of leg muscles when I lay down to try and relax, hard time breathing; I just couldn't relax no matter what I did. I tried arts and crafts to get my mind off of it, but it became so bad I was bed ridden for a while and taken care of by an ex-roommate from hell (granted I wasn't being poisoned, but she had her extreme issues herself *blegh*). Then, I was switched back to the original med. and everything was fine.

This month, and now this past week, the anxiety's/panics have really affected again. I had it while I was at work; and when I had another issue involved with the housing I live in over the current roommate I have (nothing like before), I'm now more nervous than ever of screwing up and being made to live in one of their supervised houses while possibly rooming "with" someone (this is a group home for those that have low or no income with disabilities). I know my own instinct is to refuse that and leave the program, despite that I would have nowhere else to go for the time being until section 8/public housing vouchers come in. THIS was the anxiety that cause physical discomforts on me with headaches and numbness on occasion.

With this thread, I hope that not only to get advice/support/pick-me-ups in dealing with anxiety and trying to find other ways to really relieving it when nothing else is working, but also for those that are suffering from this and having really bad stress related issues they need help on. I know I'm not alone when dealing with the various stress conditions or disorders, so this might be a bit of help with the help of fellow Dimmers.

Latest posts

Back