• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Count your blessings, this is not happening to you.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell Williams

The further adventures and misadventures of Louise Wolf.

As some of you may remember, Louise went into hospital around September 27. From there she went to the nursing home to rebuild her strength so that she could return home. She had rebuilt her strength but then developed a urinary tract infection that went systemic and put her into the hospital in a coma and on a respirator. Eventually she came out of the coma, off the respirator and was ready to go to the nursing home to rebuild her strength. Then she developed a C diff infection which apparently kills about one out of every 10 people that get it. She survived the C diff infection and after 20 days in the hospital was sent back to the nursing home.

She could no longer stand up on her own and will not be able to leave the nursing home until she can do so. It is been a constant battle to get her physical therapy. Originally the staff maintained that it took five people using a hoist to get Louise in and out of bed and that it took a long time to round up five people. Therefore Louise frequently missed physical therapy. Sometimes when she went to physical therapy she was sent to occupational therapy. As best I could tell, in occupational therapy, they want to determine if she could tell the difference between red and green blocks and between round and square blocks and put the round and square blocks into the appropriate holes. My position was that color discrimination was not what was necessary to get her home.

She was getting some strength back and then came down with another C diff infection and a urinary tract infection. That caused her to be flat on her back for about four days. Finally she was put back in her wheelchair, ate lunch, and went back up to get her insulin dosage. It took her an hour before anyone would give her insulin dosage by that time it was too late for physical therapy that day. The next day she almost made it to physical therapy but somebody came and got her to take her back up so that she could get her antibiotic injection. By the time she got to physical therapy it was too late. Now because she has missed five days in a row she will not be allowed to have any physical therapy until Monday because she has been missing too many days. At this rate she will never get out of the nursing home. Starting January 30 she will have to start paying $10,000 a month to stay in the nursing home. Once she has used up all of her resources then they can start going through my resources. I'm not sure how many resources they will allow me to keep.

I tend to push hard for people to give her her insulin shots quickly and to get her to physical therapy. Louise is not as confrontational as I am and is somewhat embarrassed by my activism on her part. My position is that the worst they are likely to do is not allow her to come to physical therapy and that is what is already happening. Count your blessings.

Latest posts

Back