• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Etsy Addicts (EA) represent!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carrie

Are you an Etsy addict? I am, big time. I love buying things that are unique and not mass produced, I love supporting individual artists over big manufacturers, I love the element of recycling/upcycling items that's frequently involved, I love that it is a very fat friendly site, in that I've not once had a jewelry artist say she couldn't make a necklace or bracelet longer for my fat self, I love that some of our talented Dimmers (Tina! RedVelvet! Kouskous! Sandie S-R! Sandie Z.! any others?) have shops there we can support, and I love being able to tell an artist personally how much his/her work means to me, and how beautiful/wonderful/cute/whatever it is. I could go on forever. :D

Anyway, I see mentions of Etsy scattered all over, so I thought it might be nice to have one thread dedicated to it, where we can post about stuff we want and/or got there, and some of out favorite shops, etc.

I have a zillion "favorite" shops there, so I'll start with my most recent purchase. I'm a pouch freak, I love cute little pouches to hold assorted stuff and keep them organized, especially in my big handbag, so I was thrilled to find BirdTrouble's shop a few months ago. Alexz, the artist/proprietor (a total sweetpea and so much fun, btw), makes pouches, handbags, wallets, cup sleeves and other stuff, and she incorporates upcycled items like old/vintagey lace and buttons as decor, or an old leather belt as a handbag strap, into her items, which I thought was really cool. I bought a couple pouches from her which I loved, and then asked her to custom make me a makeup pouch and a new padded pouch for my iPhone (I have a pouch for it already, but it's kind of uninspired and not cushy enough for my preciousssss). So I gave her my basic needs, including a fat-friendly wrist strap for the iPhone pouch, and she designed these for me:

il_fullxfull.92317871.jpg

il_fullxfull.92318432.jpg

il_fullxfull.92317888.jpg

I'm all gushy over them, they're so fricking cute, and exactly what I was hoping for, except better. I'm kind of in awe of people you can give some very vague ideas to, and they make it into exactly what you were hoping for!

So. Who else is an Etsy Addict?

Latest posts

Back