• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fashion designer needs advice

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautifulBBW

Hi everyone, I need your help!

I am a fashion designer located in Atlanta, GA and I exclusively design plus size clothing - mostly dresses. I'm trying to figure out a way to get in touch with clients that love their bodies and are looking for something different than the same sheet dresses they seem to sell everywhere. A few years ago, I quit my job, moved, and returned to school for design because I was so SICK of the fashions I saw hanging in most of the plus size chain stores. I was determined to create looks that express the love I have for my own plus size form and also based on all the comments I had heard, looks that were original and attractive.

In school you wouldn't believe some of the comments I received and fighting I had to do to be able to specialize in plus sizes. Now that I've been out for a while and currently working on a new collection, it seems that all the people that were so interested in what I am creating are no where to be found. A bit of background - I have several styles that are strapless or no straps, and I keep running into women that say things like, "I'm too fat to wear that" or, "I hate my arms" it's sad. What kills me is that I'm sure I'm fatter than they are and I look fabu in the designs I've made for myself. The comments I get when wearing my designs make me feel sooooo good! I guess I'm just wondering where are the women like me that want to wear something else besides a v-neck knit shirt from LB with some stretch jeans!

Ugh! Truth is, I'm just frustrated. I know there are many beautiful plus size women that enjoy being the center of positive attention and not just hiding in a dark corner somewhere. Just wish I knew the best way to find/contact them.

Any suggestions?

p.s. I didn't spell check this, sorry! hehehe :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back