• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fat Activism Opportunities

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jes

is oddly aroused
Well, I thought I'd start a thread for action v. talk, and so I did. Just now. Right here. You're reading it. Welcome!

Anyway, today I got a note from someone about an event on Friday in NYC. I suspect others of you may have gotten the same note (and I'm hoping it's not already posted somewhere here). It's not quite activist-y, but I wanted to create the thread with something more than a blank message!

Is it ok to be fat? This question will be debated for a future airing of tv's Nightline. You can attend the taping. Here's the info:

Is it Okay to be Fat? “Nightline” tackles this question and other delicate questions related to dieting and obesity and how it relates to heath in a “Face Off” to air Monday, February 22. This will be the program’s fifth “Face-Off,” a series launched two years ago that is a debate style format where hot topics get discussed among prominent voices in their field.

The “Face-Off” is scheduled to take place Friday, February 5th at The Cooper Union’s historic Great Hall in New York City. Crystal Renn, model and author of “Hungry: A Young Model’s Story of Appetite, Ambition and the Ultimate Embrace of Curves” and Marianne Kirby, co-author of “Lessons from the Fat-O-Sphere” will face-off against MeMe Roth, president of National Action Against Obesity and Kim Bensen, author of “Finally Thin.” Renn and Kirby advocate against constant dieting and contend that you don’t have to be thin to be healthy while Roth and Bensen advocate against an obese America and believe in the importance of a responsible diet.

The “Face Off” will be moderated by co-anchor Cynthia McFadden and held at The Cooper Union’s Great Hall in New York City on Friday, February 5th at 4:00pmET. To obtain media credentials, please contact Alison Bridgman at 212-456-1578; [email protected]. For more on the story visit: http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/fat-question-debated-nightline-face-off/story?id=9718202

I'm going to try to keep my mind on this thread and post ideas, tips and especially contact info for various things. I'm going to do my research first, though, and not just sound like a crazy letter to the editor writer (remember how Grandpa Simpson told the paper that there were too many states and to please get rid of 3, and then signed it Not a Crackpot? Yeah, well, that's not what I"m going for). I don't intend for this to be an outrage or a complaint thread. I hope you'll join me.

Latest posts

Back