• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Food Allergies

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallFatSue

Does anyone have any major or minor food allergies? As far as I know I don't have any major allergies, but methinx I might have some minor allergies. I know some people who are allergic to gluten or dairy products, but thank goodness I have nothing like that. I've also heard rumors that obesity itself might be related to certain food allergies.

Sometimes I joke that a good well-balanced and large meal gives me a buzz that's almost erotic, but sometimes it's literally true. Last night after dinner I made the mistake of snacking on chocolate and cashews at the same time, and that combination gave me such a double whammy buzz that I didn't dare stand up until it subsided. It was wonderful. :eat2:

It was also a bit disconcerting, and I wonder if that was caused by mild food allergies in tandem? Has anyone else experienced anything like that? It was really weird, but a good kind of weird. :confused:

Another reason I ask is because I get the hiccups verrrry easily, another sign I might have a mild food allergy. But if I do have allergies, they're not enough to make me stop eating my favorite foods. Besides, if a mild allergy does generate that buzz I experience, it actually enourages me. I suppose it's that way with getting the hiccups. I've noticed that the about only days I don't get the hiccups is when I eat really bland foods. If that's the case, then 10 or 15 minutes of hiccups are worth it, strange as that may sound. ;)

I've mentioned this to my doctor a few times, but she doesn't think it's anything to worry about. Luckily so far I haven't had a food reaction that makes me look like a staggering hiccuping drunk to the casual observer. :doh:

My chocolate + cashew incident last night raised a flag. If I ever do that again, I'd better take precautions, like install a seatbelt in my recliner. Wow!

Latest posts

Back