• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

"Hey Arnold" episode about Harold's Bigger Size

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swamptoad

I saw a pretty good episode of "Hey Arnold" on Nickelodeon that showed (what I thought) was a positive message on the issue of size/fat acceptance. This episode was about Harold, one of Arnold's heavy-set friends. Harold gets picked on by the icecream man harshly. The icecream man leaves away saying that: "He could retire early if he had more customers like Harold" and he also says: "See you later Tubby." Harold's self esteem is really hurt by this and nobody knows whats bothering Harold except for Harold. Towards the end of the episode Arnold asks Harold what's been bothering him, as he has gained even more weight during some secret diet he had taken. Arnold finds out that Harold had been picked on and then Arnold asks: "Did you think that you were fat?" And Harold said: "No, I liked the way that I was." Later, Harold gets back to his old weight just like he liked being and Arnold helps him along the way. At the very end of the episode, kids in the neighborhood are still his friends and they compliment him on the size that he is. Harold loses enough weight to be back to the weight that he was when the episode started and Harold is glad.

Latest posts

Back