• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

How to lose fat through exercise.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vince

There is no appropriate forum to place a post about fat loss at Dimensions so this forum is as good as it is going to get.

I have owned a gym for over 35 years. I have been a PE teacher for 10 years. I have also been a bodybuilder and have had to train and eat to gain weight and then lose weight for competitions. After 46 years in this sport I believe I have some ideas that might help fat people who are considering exercise to lose fat or who want to maintain their weight instead of gaining.

There are literally millions of self-styled experts who believe, sincerely, that they know a lot about exercise and body composition. Unfortunately, there are just about as many false theories as there are experts! The true experts are those who either do research or are professionals who work with fat populations and have obtained results in practice. I can confirm that fat is rather difficult to get rid of in most adults. The fatter one is the more difficult fat loss becomes. There are many reasons why this is so. The actual physiology in muscles and fat is exceeding complex and there is a lot of current and future research trying to shed light on obesity. There are huge rewards for research teams to solve the obesity problem but so far no one seems to be able to provide anything approaching a panacea to this problem.

If we want to give exercise a try then we will have to have a plan. That plan will be based on various theories that proliferate in gyms, books, videos and the literature. The basic approach is to try to reverse engineer the process. In other words if we can construct a theory that explains how and why people get fat then we can do something to reverse the process.

I am willing to discuss this process if there are some who are interested in my doing so. I realize there are others here who have plenty to say about exercise. That is fine. We can all benefit if we discuss things in a rational manner and use the standard of debate that occurs in universities.

If this post remains on the forum and there is some interest then we can proceed with this discussion.

Latest posts

Back