• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

How Would You React to This?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MMcC

I sort of know what I'm going to do... but I can't decide if I'm over or under reacting. So tell me what you think if you would be so kind.

I belong to a few writers' groups online (since this is my profession). Recently I found myself over-populated with laptops after I got a great deal on one. I had an older one that I used to bang around without worrying about killing it. It still ran fine, could do Wifii, and seemed to be destined to outlast me.

I poked a few people who were in the know and had a name recommended to me as "somebody who could never afford one of her own and would really appreciate a free laptop." What I knew of her wasn't much but wth.

I've got a few health problems that-- yeah, I admit it-- make me slow and often a pain in the bum when it comes to strict deadlines. I let personal stuff slip so my professional life stays professional. And yep-- I mailed it out to her a week and a half after I initially promised. I had to strip it, find all the bits and pieces, and package it up with the stuff she needed (proper chords, proper boot CD, etc).

I did get three emails from her asking where it was and answered with "sorry, I swear it is coming and here's why it's late" answers. They were legitimate reasons, but I can understand getting twitchy.

I mailed it out. It got delivered. (I paid for the shipping since I can afford it and the whole point was that she couldn't.)

Not a word. I asked a mutual acquaintence (who gave her name at the onset) and she did receive it in working order.

I get the distinct impression she's pissed I took so long to get it to her.

As I said... I chose to ignore it and figure I did something nice for a person who probably, in retrospect, didn't necessarily deserve it. My husband says I'm being a pushover and should send her an email saying "did it arrive?" just to poke her. The other person (who confirmed it got there) jumped to her defense and said she probably "just forgot."

Am I being a pushover? I feel like charity shouldn't come with requirements. I'll admit feeling a tad put out after the three emails asking where it was... is that too touchy or am I a wuss?

Latest posts

Back