• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

If you chat or post elsewhere...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CleverBomb

On Space Out
The current ruckus about the various "size" discussions and dissent brought to mind that on a motorbike discussion board I post to frequently, there was a suggestion -- and mild almost-flamewar (it's a very polite group) -- that sub-forums be set up for just women and just men.

I'm wondering if this is just a coincidence, or if anyone has seen this sort of divisiveness on other boards or chatrooms happening in the last week or so, particularly? As far as I know, I'm the only overlap between that group and this one, so it's not that it's the same people or their friends doing it.

I'm pretty much media- and pop-culture illiterate, so I'm asking... has there been anything either online (news stories or lifestyle blurbs on Yahoo/AOL/Myspace/whatever's home page) or on TV recently that made the point that there are some things that women shouldn't or can't talk about with men, or vice versa?
For those who attend church services, have recent sermons focused on the traditional roles of men and women, and the separation between the two?

And, if you've participated in the ruckus here, have you seen anything recently that resonated with the points you made or were arguing?

I know that these sort of conflicts come up periodically, but was suprised that it happened simultaneously in two distinct online communities.

-Rusty

Latest posts

Back