• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Implanon - Anyone have any experience with it??

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet_Beauregard

I just switched (today) my birth control from Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo pills to the Implanon implant.

My boyfriend and I were looking for something more permanent, but my gyno said sterilization (tubal ligation) was not an option. She said I had to be under 200 lbs.

She recommended the Depo Provera quarterly shots, or the Implanon. After reading the literature and discussing it with my doctor and boyfriend, I decided on the Implanon. My insurance covered it and I only paid a $15 co-pay. It remains inserted in my arm for 3 years. According to the literature, it is more effective than the Pill because it's a constant slow-release of hormone, as opposed to remembering to take the pill daily.

Currently I pay $20-25 a month for pills, and the Implanon is $15 every three years. (no brainer as far as cost) I will be 45 years old next month, so assumedly I will be heading into menopause in the next five years, so I will have to have a second Implanon in three years, possibly a third three years after that. So the most this will cost is $30-45 over a 9 year period. (again, a no brainer)

My question to everyone is: has anyone used the Implanon? Were they happy with the results? Any complications? I was told there could be spotting and that my period will most likely stop after a length of time. Is that true? (please say yes! LOL)

Any information would be very helpful and appreciated!! Thank you!!

:)

Latest posts

Back