• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Patient Mobility Revolution!!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeaBea

Man up or move on!
Hi Folks,

I had an interesting day today so I thought I’d share the experience.

I spent the day with a company who produce equipment such as beds, hoists etc for Hospital and home care. They asked me to test and comment on it all and it was completely fascinating. I had a go in a swing that was safe to 966lbs - and was great fun - but I digress!

I tried several beds out but they also asked me if I would mind being moved and turned on one – and at 470lbs (ish) I was very nervous. To my complete surprise they managed it with complete ease.

They used something called a ‘Slide Sheet’ which is basically two separate sheets of ultra-low friction fabric which have very sturdy nylon handles along each side. Once the patient is lying on the sheets the friction is reduced and they can move you up and down the bed, or turn you from one side to the other with complete ease.

I was AMAZED at how well this worked! To have developed a technology which is not expensive, and also in no way embaressing or humiliating to use is such a boon, and a real step forward in the care of SS BBWs and BHMs – or indeed anyone whose mobility is compromised.

If the patient is able to turn onto their side the sheet can be half slipped under them while they are on one side and then the patient can turn onto their other side and the sheet pulled under the whole width of the bed.

If this isn’t possible though they can slide the sheet either up from the feet or down from the head, under the patient without them doing a single thing to help. Even with me literally not moving a muscle they got the slide sheets under me and moved me up, down and onto both sides in complete comfort and without any problem. (And also without risking damaging themselves in the process.)

Forgive me for waxing so lyrical but these sheets are an absolute miracle – and as they only cost around £20 ($30 US) or so there is NO reason for any health care provider not to have them!

Obviously I’m not a sales rep but if you are interested just Google ‘Slide Sheets’

Hope this might be of interest
Tracey

Latest posts

Back