• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Pauline, 600lbs....needs to lose weight.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pauline

PLEASE everyone listen before you hate me. I wont go into a huge thing here because this is a weight gain board and i respect the rules against talking about WLS. I am 42 yrs old with a beautiful 12 yr old i want to finish raising. When i go out on a short errand, i pay the whole next day in bed with terrible knee pain. Thats even though i ride the battery operated cart and only go from house to car, car to store, etc. Recently i went on a 2 hour road trip and came home and immediately got a case of cellulitis from my legs hanging down too long. I have been posting recently (on the old board....i still cant figure this one out too well) about my health not being the best because of age or size or whatever. About 5 or so years ago i researched WLS, heard a few horror stories, got scared and changed my mind. In the last 2 months i have been in bed almost constantly, having knee pain almost constantly and have not been as active as i always have been in my life. I still have my usually happy attitude and out look on life but i have decided i need to lose some weight in order to "gain" a better quality of life. I am seriously considering the WLS not for a easy way out, not to die but to get some relief in my broken down body. I have researched it all, i know the death risks, the dumping, diahrea-sp?, vitamin defiecient problems etc. Im leaning towards the lap-band as i feel its safer and i found a doctor that can do it lapiscropically-sp? so it will be a easier healing process, shorter hospital stay, etc. I only bring this up here #1 because i love everyone here and want them to know my situation and #2 some ding-dong on my yahoo group discovered my profile on the WLS board and posted its link to my group, when i was not ready to share it with them yet because i hadnt decided. Even now, as i speak, its not 100% sure because of insurance denial (how could they even think at 600lbs its cosmetic?) and me needing to clear up a newly developed ulcer on my leg and newly diagnosed elephantitis lymphedema in my legs. My health has been slowly going downhill for awhile and ive been hoping it would go away, and its not...i have to face it and deal with it, before it deals with me and takes my life. My husband hates the idea but is willing to trade it for a longer living wife. As usual i invite personal emails...... ([email protected]), on this subject as i dont really come on this board too much because i cant figure it out too well, and may not be able to view the replies. Conrad im sorry to discuss this here but i had to tell my "friends" (even the ones who may now hate me) about me, im not really for this surgery either, im just for getting a better quality of life. Please dont blame me for wanting the things smaller people enjoy everyday. :kiss2:

Back