• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Pneumonia, anybody else had it, how long to recover?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracyarts

I was diagnosed with pneumonia a week and a half ago, and was treated on an outpatient basis with a nebulizer, an oral asthma drug, an initial antibiotic injection, oral antibiotics, prescription cough surup and an OTC expectorant drug, as well as ibuprofen for the fever and pain in my chest and sides from coughing so hard. Right now, I am just on the oral asthma drug, the expectorant, and the cough supressant.

I spent an entire week either in bed or sitting at my desk ten feet away. I have just been able to venture into the "front" part of my house a couple of days ago, and have only left the house once, for a car ride.

I am breathing easier now, not feeling like I am being smothered anymore, and no longer coughing hard. But still very easily fatigued, very worn-down, and coughing with this irritating itchy throat kind of cough. No fever either.

I go back to my doctor Monday for a followup to see if he thinks I am recovering on schedule or whether he thinks I need further treatment. He didn't tell me anything as far as how long to expect to be feeling bad. Just that it could take at least ten days to two weeks to get over the actual infection and then "a while" to get my breathing capacity and stamina and energy level back.

I have talked to friends who have had pneumonia, who said that it took them anywhere from weeks to months to feel better.

If anybody else has had a similar experience (pneumonia, treated as an outpatient), what was your experience?

Tracy

Latest posts

Back