• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Revealing stories?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Do you have a story, anecdote, experience, or even quip that you feel really sums up a lot of who you are? Perhaps in a lot of different situations you’ve pulled it out (or at least thought of it) as an illustration of how you operate. Maybe it is your parents or friends who keep bringing it up, to explain you to others. If so, please share! Maybe it will help us see you in a different way, or perhaps just make us smile and go “Yep, that sounds like the {name} we know and love around here.

I have two that keep coming up for me, which I’ve no doubt mentioned before given all the years I’ve been posting here.

1. The first one is more of a quip “I met my wife in our University debating club. If you want to understand our conversational style, remember that there was bonus points for high quality heckling.”

2. The second is an anecdote/story. At recess in kindergarten, my classmates started playing “Train,” where one person would declare themselves to be an engine and others would join them (conga line style) as the cars, and then the engine would 'drive' around the playground, usually eventually getting silly and making it hard for the cars to hold on. Something about this game made me uncomfortable….until I came up with a brilliant (to me) idea—I declared myself to be a booster engine. I’d help the engine pull the train around, but I could split off--whenever I wanted--to do my own thing, on my own or with some of the cars. Some others started declaring themselves to be booster engines too. Soon the train game died out and we went on to play more interesting (to me) games.

I hope some of the rest of you will add your own stories!

Latest posts

Back