• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

scouting report: I can't stop thinking about this place

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

altered states

señor member
Sorry in advance if this is too NYC-specific, but I just can't stop thinking about this place: Bouley Bakery. It's in TriBeCa, on Duane and West Broadway, across from the 3 star Bouley restaurant, and has THE BEST FRIGGING PASTRIES on earth. There, I said it. Most of the stuff is French, or French inspired, and ain't cheap, but jesus, what a way to work yourself into a crippling spiral of debt. I've been 3 times since New Years and highlights so far are: 1) the lemon tart - better than any I've had in Paris (there, I said it again)... perfection; 2) canelles - these are like two-bite-sized, stumpy cone-shaped pieces of super-creamy french toast - buy many, because they're addictive; 3) montebello - this is a layered pastry made up of pistachio cream and pistachio dough, toped with fresh raspberries, new to me and a revelation; and 4) pain au chocolate - these usually suck - cloying, with inferior chocolate and dry, bland dough - but here they're amazing - super-buttery, chocolatey... eat more than one and you'll die, or want to (but again, what a way to go).

Warning for visitors: 1) Expect some mild but dealable attitude and indifference (this is TriBeCa), though if you ask the bakers' advice you'll never shut them up (almost as bad); 2) it's a somewhat cramped space with many loyal customers, so go at slightly off-hours (late morning it's usually dead) for a pleasant, unhurried experience; 3) There's space to mangia and drink coffee upstairs during the day, but at night it becomes an annex cafe for people too poor or unimportant to get into Bouley-proper across the street. Also, for those not into stairs for whatever reason, there's a long climb to get up there with no alternative unless you can fit in a dumbwaiter. The bakery itself though is street-level.

Latest posts

Back