• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

terrifyingly thin models

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tragedie09

im not sure where to open this thread or even if tuhis type is allowed on this site. generally you cant talk about this anywhere else because ppl will just claim you are jealous. I have noticed that a lot of sites have models wearing their clothes that are uber thin, like way below what they should be for their heights.

My mother was a model, she was 105 lbs at 5'2 with a small frame. Skinny yes but for her height (she was a catalogue model, too short for runway :p) that was a normal weight. But today these models are 5'10 generally or more but weigh less than my mother did.

I'm 5'8 and 280 lbs, hopeing to someday be back down to 165, which is the upper end of healthy weight for my height and large frame size. I'm a size 14-16 now but at that weight I'd be a size 8, which would be borderline plus size by todays standards.

Basically what im saying is that over the last quarter century what is considered small has changed to the point its terrifying.

in order to be the size of todays models i'd have to be about 90lbs at my height. Thats what a child weighs.

The average size woman is roughly my size yet even plus size models today are only a size 8-10.

to sum iy up, 25 yrs ago my mother was a model at a healthy weight for her height and frame size.Today if an average woman like myself were to be a healthy weight for her height and frame she would be considered a plus size model at the most and more than likely considered to fat for even that.

so whats up with this new standard of beauty? these new models look so thin im afraid they will drop dead right on the runway.

often times they look more scary than pretty because they dont have any weight to cover their bones and their eyes are sunken and their bodies dont have the natural curves of a woman.

im for acceptance at any weight, but it seems this is driven as an ideal for all women to be and its unhealthy and unrealistic, not to mention unattainable for most.

i think models should be healthy weights for their heights and frames so we promote health and beauty within your own skin, not your bones.

what are your thoughts on these ultra skeletal models

Latest posts

Back