• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

TLC's "Your Kids are Going to Die"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waxwing

Reckless Hero
We all know that I'm the first one to raise the flag for a healthy diet and lifestyle for children. I absolutely think that people shouldn't feed their kids mountains of cheese puffs.

But have you guys seen this show on TLC (on right now 8pm, Eastern time), called something like "Hey, Shitty Parent, Your Kids are Doomed"?

Actually I think it's "Honey, We're Killing the Kids", which isn't much better.

It is one thing to go into a home and try to teach people to eat healthier foods and get more physical activity. But that's not really what this show is. They stand these parents (who, granted, may have made poor choices but love their children and are doing the best they know how) in front of a screen and show ABSURD, horrible CG (and really it's the shitty morphing that bugs me the most) of their kids "aging".

Except it's not just "your child may be heavy as an adult" but it's "your child is going to go bald, have horrible fashion sense, be really blotchy, and look more or less like a hobo."

That's just over the top. You're making a big joke out of it. The impression is given that no matter what these children are going to drop dead at 50. Please. Rather than kicking people in the face and calling them monsters, how about we give them real tips and ideas, while supporting and encouraging them?

Nah, that wouldn't be good TV.

Hate.

Latest posts

Back