• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Wedding Dresses for the unconventional plus-sized bride?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knottyknicky

Hips like Cinderella
So I'm having a wedding (already married, long story) in about a year and need a dress. Actually, I already have a dress, but I'm starting to wonder if its what I really want. What it comes down to in the end is the venue we choose. We've narrowed our venues down to 3 or so choices. Here are our choices, if that helps you understand the aesthetic I'm struggling with.

Choice 1, an awesome hotel back home that I hang out at a lot when I'm there:

ace-ps1.jpg

214_ACE_jp060709_a.jpg

ace_hotel_01.jpg

ace_hotel_09.jpg

Choice 2, one of Dean Martin's old places:

Front-4.jpg

Living-1.jpg

Back-6.jpg

Back-7.jpg

We love both places although they're both totally different. The dress I own already would be perfect for the first place, as its got that kind of earthy desert vibe. We love the 2nd venue though, and its a LOT cheaper than the hotel since we can bring in our own catering, booze, etc, but I don't think my dress would work at all there, as its so clean, crisp, and modern, and my dress is kinda organic and not really the look at all. I don't really want a typical bridal dress, although I like some of the funkier ones. I don't want to wear all white, and I feel like at the 2nd venue I'd kind of have to wear something as crisp and clean and architectural as the house. So, I'm stuck...but I figure my advantage is that since I don't require a 'wedding gown' I have more options. Here's a photo of the dress I already have, and I was thinking to wear it either with a vintage/desert flair (think birdcage veil, bleached peacock fascinators, pearls, etc) or maybe with some bright, fun jewelry and shoes, like turquoise, coral, or a deep emerald green. I know theres lots of style savvy ladies on here who maybe have seen something around that might work. I really like jcrew's wedding gowns but alas, I'm not a size 8.

Anyway, here's the dress I have already, and for 75 bucks! Score!

_5584379.jpg

So there we go. Halp!

Reactions: Tau

Latest posts

Back