• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Why would any black person be a Democrat?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell Williams

A person keeps asking me why black people support the Democratic Party since the Democratic Party in the South was the source of so much discrimination and violence. I asked him some questions and will be interested in hearing his answers. Does anyone here have any answers to questions I have asked my friend?

Bob,

You have asked how could any black person support the Democratic Party. You seem to be somewhat angrily mystified that the NAACP and many other black organizations support the Democratic Party. You have repeatedly pointed out that the southern Democratic Party was full of all sorts of bigotry. Before I answer your question I would like to hear your answer to a couple of questions. First let's do some background. In the south there was only one political party which was the Democratic Party and in that party were the liberals and conservatives the moderates and the radicals. After the voting's rights act was passed, fairly quickly there became an active Democrat and an active Republican party functioning in the South. Now for my questions.

One) Those people who had signs up in their yards or on their property stating, "Impeach Earl Warren", to the best of your knowledge did they join the Republican Party or stay in the increasingly black Democratic party which was arguing that the school integration that Earl Warren had started should be continued and at a rapid rate.

Two) There were people who had participated in the attacks on the Freedom Riders. After the two-party system started in the South did those people stay in the Democratic Party which was pushing for greater integration or go to the Republican Party which was not pushing for greater integration.

Three) The members the Ku Klux Klan and the White Citizens Councils, to the best of your knowledge did they stay in the Democratic Party that, at a national level, argued that blacks and whites were equal and that there should be increased integration and that was no problem with intermarriage between the races; or did they join the Republican Party which tended to argue that steps should be taken very slowly.

Four) To the best of your knowledge to the following ever happened? A black man decided to join the Republican Party and he goes to a meeting of the Republican Party and is very welcome there. The black man says he is interested in recruiting other blacks to become Republicans. The president of the local Republican Party is very happy to hear this and introduces him to the chairperson of the membership committee. The present of the local Republican Party explains to the new potential black member that the chairperson of the membership committee has proven leadership abilities because he was the foreman of the jury that declared the murderers of Emmett Till to be innocent. The black man says that he would be happy to work under such a proven leader and be happy to tell all of the black people he recruits into the Republican Party about how lucky the local Republican Party was to have such a proven leader of its membership committee.

Five) Those people who participated in murders of civil rights leaders and workers, and who were not caught, did they stay in the Democratic Party which tended to honor the civil rights leaders who were killed, or did they join the Republican Party some of whose members argued that the civil rights workers should not have been killed but they brought it on themselves and, "got themselves kilt"

Latest posts

Back